Today on the Southern California Real Estate Report we talk about the future of Real Estate development in San Diego.
- We attended this year’s Bisnow State of the Market event in Carlsbad and got mixed opinions from developers on San Diego’s viability for more development growth
- When will the boom end has had much debate and no clear answers?
- Some developers are thinking that Tech companies will have a growing impact on San Diego’s economy
- They believe that in order to attract these company’s new office campuses need to be built
- Some see the downtown market as one that needed to be utilized better. There is a lot of housing but not many tech companies want to go there.
- Hopefully the Horton Plaza development will bring tech to the downtown area.
- The Project known as Ampersand (the old Union Tribune building) was a project that was finished without a major tenant but has been a popular choice among tech firms since its completion